Tuesday, December 2, 2008

MOMS, I NEED YOU

So Greg's cousin did this on her blog, and I really enjoyed reading it and found it helpful.

I'm starting the whole baby registry and bargin hunting thing and I would like to know what experienced moms have found/find useful, and what they really could have done without. I'm going to attempt to get the things that I can really use. We don't have a lot of space in our apartment, and the chances of moving around a bit in the next couples years are highly likely. So if you will, moms, please post any personal purchasing tips that you have. Or you can email me, nordstromemily@yahoo.com.


Oh and a more specific question, I have been looking into Happy Heiny diapers, has anyone used the cloth pocket diapers? I know they are an initial investment, but possibly well worth it.

8 comments:

Janna said...

Congrats Emily and Greg! That is great news. I had a dream about 2 years ago about your baby boy and I just remembered it. :) I was pregnant with Paxton and we were trying to decide his name and I had a dream that you guys had a baby boy and named him Grayson.... So random I know. Thought I'd share since you are having a boy. :) Name him what you will, I'm sure it will be good.

Sultana said...

Hi. I found your blog when I was doing a search on Happy Heinys. The Happy Heinys one size are some really great diapers and most everyone who tries them loves them! I sell most styles and brands of cloth diapers and the happy heinys are one of my favorites. However, unless you have a very large baby, they likely won't fit immediately. There are a couple of options that you can use for that newborn immediate stage:
1. Happy Heinys just came out with a new one size that will fit from 5-15 lbs.
2. You can use prefolds and covers
3. You can use fitteds and covers or XS in one of the sized diapers.

If you have any cloth diapering questions, I'm happy to answer them for you or go over any other questions you might have.

Sultana
www.simplewondersdiapers.com

PS. My favorite baby item besides cloth diapers is a baby carrier of some type. They are absolutely fantastic!

Anonymous said...

No offense to the person who left the previous comment (just my opinion), but I tried cloth diapers and I absolutely hated them. It seriously lasted a few days and I couldn't take it anymore. Disposable diapers save so much time and energy, not to mention laundry. The money you save over time with the cloth diapers is SO not worth it to me. But I always say, don't knock it til you've tried it. But I highly recommend borrowing or renting a few clothes diapers before you invest because you may end up hating them like me and getting rid of them. Just a suggestion :)

just me (Angie) said...

I don't know about you but after changing my sisters cloth diapers while growing up,it scarred me for life. They do make cloth diapers that are flushable mabey you would like those better. good luck

SugarHouse Mama said...

Hey - you should check out my cousin's cloth diaper company. She will be designing some fabric here shortly for her line. They are cheaper than many other cloth diapers I have seen.... http://cuddlybums.com/

Brad said...

I would also like to sell you cloth diapers

Emily Taylor said...

Thanks Brad. Will you be knitting them? I know you have the skills.

Angie Nickle said...

I'm super excited for you both! I haven't had much exper. w/cloth diapers, but I can relate to the new baby/small space predicament, so here's my sales pitch on a few products that I love:
1. Hooter Hider (that's right,and they do what they say)

2. BOB jogging strollers (they fold up really well, are VERY smooth and durable- I use it more often than my regular stroller.)

3. Arms Reach compact co-sleeper bassinette (awesome for small apartments-it has wheels and is collapsable for travel).

4. travel high chairs (Chicco makes some cool ones)-takes up 1/3 of the space, 1/3 less surface area to clean & 1/3 the price!

Good luck guys!