Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sunshine Generation

I just got this video footage from my sister Natalie. You can guess who she is (the tall one), and I need to add that she is humiliated by the whole thing. I am the innocent one, sustaining the eye injury. You can also guess who is older, and took her role very seriously. Natalie is making me clarify that she has done away with her bossy ways.

Was anyone else part of this joyous sunshiny group? I miss my yellow and orange dress. I don't know that this presentation truly is a sunshine generation performance, but it definitely explains some dance moves I have seen Natalie use in her later years.

14 comments:

Kara said...

That is so funny! You look so cute. I actually had to play it again to see where the eye incident occurred. I didn't catch it the first time. Glad to see you on the blog again. Can't wait for the next post in a couple months ;)

matt and brynnzie said...

Nice Video. Oh, and it's nice to know that you are still around. I didn't know if you even remembered that you had a blog. Good to hear from you.

just me (Angie) said...

I'm sorry about your eye, now we know why Natalie makes such a good mom, aside from the eye poking, she really kept everyone in line. you two look so adorable.

The Wolfes said...

OMG i love old home videos the good old days!!! That is so funny whaen my sister and i did performances i always bossed her around it is sucha found memory!

Angie Nickle said...

Man Emily, you and Bon could compare stories! As a big sister, I feel Natalie's pain. I recall thinking I was a super hero as a kid, dutifully saving young sibs from their ignorance. Pretty funny/disturbing to realize I was actually the villain when the home movies surfaced 20 years later.

PS-that is a sweeeeet coat youre wearing in Grand Canyon? w/Greg! Do you remember where you bought it or the brand name?

Dave and Abby said...

How come I never got to be in Sunshine Generation? I must have sucked at dancing even from infancy, and Molly...well, Molly skipped dancing and went straight to kicking all the dancing girls' butts in soccer and basketball.

Dave and Abby said...

Dancing? Why does everyone keep using that verb? All I saw was an occasional toe-tap. Natalie's hand-fling was the most choreography in the whole performance.
p.s. I was in a before-puberty-high-voiced-boys choir. It's not Sunshine Generation, but does it count?
- Dave

Magic Moments said...

That was so refreshing! I think you two were so cute. I remember always looking up to you guys even if you did locked me in the closet with Timothy. I'm pretty sure that was you Emily and Angie (but I can't help but think that Natalie might of been involved).

Emily Taylor said...

Madeline, I'm pretty sure if that happened, Natalie made me do it.

Magic Moments said...

You know, all I remember is that one summer all of the cousins were together in Idaho and we played hide and seek in my parents house and stuff like that. Your family had that awesome big brown van and stayed at the Shilo Inn (I think we went swimming there also). I remember following you, Angie, Natalie, Gregorie and Felicia around everywhere and the event with Tim is in there somewhere. Who knows, it could of been a lot of summers smashed together in memory. :)

April said...

I would love to see a fight...a real fight between you two when you were little...

Kalli said...

that is pretty awesome I should post some of my home vids you would die...

Natalie Jane said...

Madeline - I had nothing to do with the cousin wars. I was in the other room reading my scriptures.

xcdenke said...

That was hilarious! Poor Emily, I feel for you. I'm so glad you posted that. Call it ammunition.