Why can't I name my baby? I'm having the hardest time calling him Andrew. I just don't know if it suits him. He remains baby, buddy, sweetheart and pillowlow (don't ask) until we can figure it out. I can't tell if he is an Andrew, Andy, Drew, or Thomas (middle name). Sometimes I think he looks more like a little Thomas. Greg and I had a hard time agreeing on names, so when it came down to it at the hospital, I was so exhausted and tired of thinking about it, I just told Greg to make the deciding vote. We went with Andrew. I still can't seem to settle on it. I had an uncle who got to name himself when he was 8, and ended up with the name of a boxer, Jack something. I don't see us doing that, but I really need to figure it out soon. I don't' agree with Shakespeare. I think there is a lot in a name. Regardless of name issues, "the baby" is so funny to watch (probably true of most newborns to new parents) but I thoroughly enjoy it. He seems to be getting longer, but not necessarily bigger and his hair is falling out...he looks like a little grandpa (ah, there is another name we throw around, Grandpa Taylor). He really is a sweet little baby. He is getting to the point where I think he can pull a genuine smile, which I love. It will only get better. This video is probably longer then most people care for, but oh well.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Name?
Why can't I name my baby? I'm having the hardest time calling him Andrew. I just don't know if it suits him. He remains baby, buddy, sweetheart and pillowlow (don't ask) until we can figure it out. I can't tell if he is an Andrew, Andy, Drew, or Thomas (middle name). Sometimes I think he looks more like a little Thomas. Greg and I had a hard time agreeing on names, so when it came down to it at the hospital, I was so exhausted and tired of thinking about it, I just told Greg to make the deciding vote. We went with Andrew. I still can't seem to settle on it. I had an uncle who got to name himself when he was 8, and ended up with the name of a boxer, Jack something. I don't see us doing that, but I really need to figure it out soon. I don't' agree with Shakespeare. I think there is a lot in a name. Regardless of name issues, "the baby" is so funny to watch (probably true of most newborns to new parents) but I thoroughly enjoy it. He seems to be getting longer, but not necessarily bigger and his hair is falling out...he looks like a little grandpa (ah, there is another name we throw around, Grandpa Taylor). He really is a sweet little baby. He is getting to the point where I think he can pull a genuine smile, which I love. It will only get better. This video is probably longer then most people care for, but oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Holy Cow! He is Greg's mini me! Maybe he should be a junior?
I hope you figure it out. Good luck!
Yeah!!! I loved that so much. Oh I just want to hold that little guy. His eyes!!! oh my gosh his eyes are huge! I don't think any of your children are going to escape the nordstrom eyes...
Emily- what a cute little baby you have. I think I saw a little smile right at the end after he sneezed. Isn't it fun to just stare at your newborn? Every little movement, hiccup, sneeze- is just precious. I love babies.
Thanks for posting this by the way. He is getting big...well...like you said, long.
He is soo cute we need to get together soon! and i still think his name should be Thomas! miss you !call me when you have time.
Adelyn and I just finished watching the video and loved it. She loves watching videos, but this one was different. She kept talking to him when he was talking. Maybe she understood what he was trying to say!! She already likes her little second cousin. What a cutie! COngratulations. When are you guys headed to Utah next?
He is adorable Emily. I also agree that he looks a lot like your husband.
ok, names are hard! they just are. i called velzy monster for the first six months of her life cause i was still having a hard time dealing with the fact that i had a baby and gave her a name and it was all just wierd. so i feel you on this topic, totally!
We were the same with Alissa's name. It was a "settle" name in that nothing seemed to fit, but that's the name we liked the most. It didn't sound right for a while but it grew on us over time and now it would be weird to call her anything else. But he sure does look like Greg!
It was the same way with Seth for me. It has finally taken. I love the name, it was just weird for me to call a baby Seth.
Post a Comment