Wednesday, November 3, 2010

4-years

4 years ago today we took the plunge. It was a happy rainy day. Everyone I loved surrounded us and made it such a perfect event. I really don't think I would change a thing.

Ah marriage, tis a wonderful thing. I remember when I was single I would lay in my twin bed and imagine what it would be like to wake up next to someone I loved. At times it seemed so far away, but I was sure he was out there. I would try to imagine what he was doing at that exact moment and I'm not ashamed to admit that sometimes as I laid there, I would come up with my own personal dialog between my "dream husband" and myself. I was convinced we would have wonderful long talks, all the time.

Not long after that, I moved to Salt Lake and met an interesting, adorable, funny guy through one of my friends. Although I was at a point in my life when I was NOT interested in dating, I couldn't really escape the wonderful long conversations I had had with Greg. I remember before our first date I sat on the floor of the shower and cried and cried, I didn't want to go. My roommates had to remind/convince me that once I saw him, I would calm down and have a great time. They were right. I had a great time and felt at ease right away. We had many great dates and many long hours of talking and getting to know each other.

4-years later, I can't say that we have wonderful enlightening conversations and witty banter every day, and some days I would say our discussions resemble more of a friendly neighbor passing by then husband and wife. (In fact yesterday I timed how long we talked, 11 minutes, and I will add that the conversation was quite dull. But in our defense, Greg is out-of-town in Boston and he isn't a "phone person".) But then we have days that I laugh so hard I almost pee my pants, and we get to giggle at Thomas learning something new, or we talk about something in the scriptures, or just sit together and talk about nothing, and it is fun to me. Yes, I really like that I don't have to make up the conversations anymore, because they are way better in real life.

We have shared may things, 4-years, 5-states, multiple toothbrushes, one awesome little baby, countless episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos and plenty of good times. I love you Greg. Wish you were home today.













7 comments:

Chris and Cassie said...

i love this post. you guys make me happy and are such a perfect couple. so glad you found each other. and so glad greg decided to step it up. happy anniversary!

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary! This post was great. The conversation part make me laugh. Totally reminds me of me and Brad. I'm glad we're not the only ones who don't constantly have enlightening conversations. Hope you get to do something fun when Greg returns!

Magic Moments said...

Happy Anniversary. What a perfect story and perfect pictures!

Sandy said...

Oh what a nice post! I love it. You guys are so great! Miss you. And p.s. Emily, you are such a knockout!

April said...

this was so well written...

congrats on the anniversary- I feel like you've been married longer than 4 years.

You are such a handsome couple.

I love Thomas' chaps. So creative Emily.

Clark and Liesel said...

That was such a sweet post. You are gorgeous Emily. I am happy you found your dream husband! :)

doug and becky said...

ok. happy belated anniversary em and greggo. i miss you guys and thomas is soo cute and big already i can't believe it. hope you have a happy thanksgiving :) gobble gobble.